रविवार, 3 मई 2009
The observance of Kumbh Mela is based upon the following legend: Thousands of years ago, in the Vedic Period, gods and demons made a temporary agreement to work together churning amrit (the nectar of immortality) from the Ksheera Sagar (primordial ocean of milk), and to share the nectar equally. They used a big mountain as a paddle and a giant serpent as the rope. In the process, the ocean yielded the divine gifts including: the holy cow, the flying horse, the lyre and the siren, Lakshmi (goddess of fortune and wealth) and Vishwakarma (the divine architect and constructor). Last came, Dhanvantari, the divine physician, bearing the Kumbh (pot) of amrit. However, when the Kumbh (urn) containing the amrit appeared, the demons ran away with it and were chased by the gods. For twelve days and twelve nights (equivalent to twelve human years) the gods and demons fought in the sky for possession of this pot of amrita. It is said that during the battle, drops of amrita fell at four places: Prayag , Haridwar , Ujjain and Nashik. Thus, the Kumbh Mela is observed at these four locations where the nectar fell.
The Kumbh Melas
1) Maha Kumbh Mela - occurring every 144 years - only in Allahabad. According to the ancient mythology, the planets align every 12 years and millions come together for holy bathing rituals in the Kumbh Mela. The most significant alignment of 144 years or a culmination of 12 times took place in January 2001, when millions of people assembled in Allahabad, to take a dip in the holy river Ganga, to purify their inner self and cleanse their karma. This powerful planetary alignment is believed to affect the destiny of the present human race.
2) Purna Kumbh Mela - after every twelve years - last one took place in January 2001 in Allahabad
3) Ardh Kumbh - 6th year after Kumbh Mela
4) Kumbh Mela - every three years, rotating through Prayag, Nasik, Haridwar and Ujjain
5) Magh Mela - Annual, held every year except years of Kumbh Mela and Ardh Kumbh Mela Held in Magh (Jan-Feb); hence the name. Always in Allahabad
The Maha Kumbh is the culmination of 12 Purna Kumbh Melas, over a span of 144 years. The amrit, or the divine knowledge and strength that lies within the Kumbh is nothing but our own body. We have to judiciously churn our inner self to expose the knowledge. It is believed that taking a holy dip at the Sangam cleanses the soul, washes away all the sins and thus, grants Moksha or salvation to the soul. Being the largest human gathering in the history of the world, the Maha Kumbh Mela, offers a reaffirmation of faith for all humans.According to the astrological predictions, the Kumbha Mela is held when the planet Jupiter enters the sign of Aquarius and the Sun enters into Aries. At Prayag, the Kumbh Mela takes place in the month of Magha (January-February) and the new moon day is considered to be the most auspicious. According to the astrological predictions, the Kumbha Mela is held when the planet Jupiter enters the sign of Aquarius and the Sun enters into Aries. At Prayag, the Kumbh Mela takes place in the month of Magha (January-February) and the new moon day is considered to be the most auspicious.
The Holy Dip
Millions of pilgrims gather from various walks of life, sects and communities at the Kumbh in order to seek salvation. They have a belief that a dip in the sacred waters on the auspicious day would cleanse them of all the sins ensuring salvation. This is the most important aspect of the Kumbh Mela.
We had visited Shirdi recently and had a very nice divine darshan of Prabhu Sai Nath.
From there we had brought udi , photos and idols of Sain Nath for distribution. One such idol / statue we had given to our house maid. She took the same with her and started daily arti and pooja of Sai Nath Prabhu in her house.
For quite some time she was intending to construct a small room in her house and was in need of Rs 10000/= for this. She was requesting in all houses where she works for this advance money. However there was always some obstacle or the other and she was not able to get this money.
After she started pooja and arti of Sai Nath Prabhu , the very following Thursday she prayed to Sai Baba for help and same day she got advance from all the houses and could collect Rs 10000/= and start construction work of the room which she was intending for some time.
This was surely possible only due to divine miracle and help of Sia Nath Parbhu.
साईं नाथ प्रभु की जय ।
I will explain this in simple terms. Let us assume God is a magnet ( which he is ! ) and human beings are made of iron. And as we know from science that any iron product gets attracted towards magnet irrespective of whether that iron is in form of knife which a butcher uses ( much like criminals ) or in form of a utility item say iron bucket which is used for storing water. What it only means that anyone god or bad can go to god and seek blessings and change themselves. This does not mean that all their previous sins have been pardoned by god or they will not suffer for their Karma , what it simply means that once they go to god from there on they will slowly turn away from evil deeds and convert into better human beings.
We all know the story about Maharishi Valmiki who was a dacoit before he converted to being a strong disciple of Lord Ram and went on to write Ramayana , the famous holy book of Hindu’s.
So God is a very powerful magnet and will attract all human beings equally whether good or bad.
A man went to a barbershop to have his hair cut and his beard trimmed. As the barber began to work, they began to have a good conversation and talked about many subjects. When they eventually touched on the subject of God, the barber said, "I don't believe that God exists."
"Why do you say that?" asked the customer.
"Well, you just have to go out in the street to realize that God doesn't exist. Tell me, if God exists, would there be so many sick people? Would there be abandoned children?"
"If God existed, there would be neither suffering nor pain. I can't imagine a loving God who would allow all of these things."
The customer thought for a moment, but didn't respond because he didn't want to start an argument. The barber finished his job and the customer left the shop.
Just after he left the barbershop, he saw a man in the street with long, stringy hair and an untrimmed beard; he was looking dirty and unkempt.
The customer turned back and entered the barber shop again and said to the barber, "You know what? Barbers do not exist."
"How can you say that?" I am here, and I am a barber. And I just worked on you!" asked the surprised barber.
"No!" the customer exclaimed. "Barbers don't exist because if they did, there would be no people with dirty long hair and untrimmed beards, like that man outside“
"Ah, but barbers do exist! That's what happens when people do not come to me" argued the barber.
"Exactly!" affirmed the customer. "That's the point! God, too, does exist! It is only because people do not go to God & listen to him there's so much pain and suffering in the world. “
Moral of the story is God exists it is an individual who has to believe in God and surrender himself to god .
शुक्रवार, 1 मई 2009
Although they say " सच चाहे कितना भी कटु क्यों न हो हमेशा सत्य ही बोलना चाहिए । "
I believe there has to be balance between truthfulness and pleasantness . For this in my opinion following three rules should be the guide :-
Rule 1 - Always speak TRUTH Softly, Sweetly & Nicely, this will create happiness to all....Speak the truth and say it pleasantness.
Rule 2 - If the truth is unpleasant , do not speak.
Rule 3 - Even if it is pleasant do not speak falsehood.
" सत्य भाषी के साथ साथ मृदु भाषी भी होना जरुरी है । "
१ जो बिगड़ी को बनाते हैं , उसे भगवन कहते हैं ।
२ जो मुसीबत में काम आये , उसे इंसान कहते हैं ।
३ जो दिल में राम रखता है , उसे भगवन कहते हैं ।
४ जो निभाता वचन पिता का , उन्हें श्री राम कहते हैं ।
५ जो दिया उपदेश गीता में , उन्हें कृष्ण भगवन कहते हैं ।
भगवन के शरण में असीम सुख है
Given below are top ten golden rules of life :-
1. Love everybody , Believe and Trust few people and never cause harm to anybody.
2. People who have positive & good thoughts are never alone in life.
3. If you want your children to be good and having good values , you should first become good yourself and have good values and habits.
4. Don’t be so soft that you are squeezed by others but also do not become so stiff that you are broken by others.
5. Your own behavior will win you friends or enemies and hence always keep a check on your behavior.
6. If you earn with hundreds of hands you should distribute some of it amongst the needy and poor …always believe that this is something you have got from God and be grateful to god and society for this .
7. Self improvement is the best service to society as an improved person can contribute to the society rather than becoming a weight on the society.
8. Don’t live to eat but eat to live.
9. Conserve environment you owe this to your next generations eg Plant trees in and around where you live.
10. Finally the golden rule of being happy and content in life – Forget the good you have done to others and Forget the bad that others have done to you.
सर्व जन कल्याण